How much cocaine can 10 000 buy
health - Report: How much heroin, cocaine or crystal meth cost
Tens of thousands of people in Germany ruin their lives year after year with heroin, cocaine or crystal meth. Many commit crimes to pay for their addiction. But what do the drugs cost anyway? The annual report just published by the German Monitoring Center for Drugs and Drug Addiction (DBDD), the so-called Reitox report, provides detailed information on price developments on the illegal market. The figures show that after years of rising prices, prices have fallen again last year.
According to the latest available data, one gram of heroin on the street in Germany in 2017 cost around 43 euros. The year before it was 48 euros. The price for one gram of cocaine fell by an average of four to 72 euros. The gram price for crack even fell by ten to 73 euros. Crystal meth was also ten euros cheaper. One gram cost around 78 euros. For a tablet of ecstasy, around eight euros still had to be paid. Cannabis became more expensive. The gram price for hashish rose by around one euro to 9.50 euros. The report names the Federal Criminal Police Office as the source for these figures.
The active ingredient content continues to rise
Why prices have fallen is not explained in the report. It is pointed out, however, that the prices of all illegal drugs have gone up in a ten-year comparison. Heroin, for example, has risen by 18 percent since 2008, and the price of hashish has even increased by 60 percent. That could be related to growing demand.
Drug business profitable for dealers
The report also shows how profitable the drug business is for dealers - despite slightly falling prices. According to the information, one kilogram of cocaine in 2017 cost around 38,000 euros in “wholesale”. If the dealer sells the substance on the street by the gram, he makes a profit of more than 30,000 euros if you add the figures given. The profit margins are even bigger with the extremely dangerous crystal meth: According to the data, a dealer can make almost 50,000 profit with one kilogram.
The determined degrees of purity are also revealing: After that, the active ingredient content of many drugs increased - which increases the danger. For cocaine, it grew from 74 to 78 percent between 2016 and 2017. A similar trend has also been observed with cannabis. In the case of hashish, the proportion of the active ingredient THC increased from 14 to almost 15 percent. The drug commissioner of the federal government, Marlene Mortler (CSU), had already warned against this trend several times. It strictly rejects the legalization of cannabis along the lines of Canada. "Cannabis can be addictive, is not harmless and hip, but a drug with immense health side effects," she said.
By Timot Szent-Ivanyi / RND
- What is the leading power factor
- Acting is a perfect choice for a career
- How long does a tax levy take
- What is it like to have lost teeth
- How do unions affect a work environment
- Photons are massless or negligible
- Does IQ affect cognitive adaptability
- Which university is better for BJMC
- Is teak dust dangerous
- What is the market for folding furniture
- People really use headed text
- What are some songs about heroin addiction
- Heals Captain America fast like Wolverine
- Is 9 + 10 21
- Can a narcissist change for love
- How do you get taller at 15
- How natural are nature documentaries
- What are the ways to improve willpower
- Why did early man use flint
- Has doubled the President's body
- Which section of anatomy is the most difficult
- What an insect insect is that
- Can you unlock after jailbreaking
- How can I study civilization