How can I promote my coworking space
Coworking spaces are the perfect alternative for anyone who wants to save the costs of having their own office. In many large, medium-sized and also small cities, there are plenty of opportunities to rent a workplace according to your needs. How regularly and for how long you use this workplace is up to you. This relatively new form of collaboration is not only inexpensive, it brings like-minded people together. Instead of sitting in isolation at home in the study or in an individual office, encourage Coworking spaces the togetherness to exchange ideas and experiences and to realize joint projects.
Definition of coworking spaces
Coworking describes a new form of collaboration in which freelancers, creatives, start-ups, and increasingly larger companies work together individually, but at the same time under one roof. You share the office and the meeting rooms and use the existing technical infrastructure such as network, printer, scanner, fax, telephone or projector. Although they work in different companies and on different projects, exchange and mutual support are central components of this type of cooperation.
Compared to conventional office communities, different professional groups share what is known as the coworking space. In the large and open spaces, they benefit from the advantages of a network of different skills. In addition to the spatial workplace, the focus is on the exchange of knowledge, innovation and further training Coworker to advance their entrepreneurial activities (cf. Schürmann, M. (2013): Coworking Space. Business model for Entrepreneurs and knowledge workers). Common areas such as coffee kitchens, lounge areas or seminar and meeting rooms provide the framework for an open togetherness.
The workplaces can be rented flexibly with different scope of services for different periods of time. Many coworking spaces also offer users a trial day to get to know each other without obligation.
Coworking space values
Coworking spaces are motivated to connect people, ideas and projects. Building a strong community in which you can work individually, but at the same time benefit from the community. To make this possible, rely on a open atmosphere, collaboration in a strong Community, easy access and sustainability. They promote open communication between different disciplines. It is not uncommon for this to result not only in joint projects, but also in close private contacts. The focus is on accessibility and environmental awareness. A central location that is easily accessible for all users and, if possible, by public transport, as well as the resource-saving shared use of the technical infrastructure play a major role.
Who uses coworking spaces?
The original idea was to create affordable, flexible workplaces in an open-plan office for creative people, Freelancers, freelancers, founders or start-ups to accomplish. Those who cannot afford their own office or do not feel like working from home alone will find a good opportunity here to save costs and at the same time to network with like-minded people. You benefit from the know-how of the other disciplines and exchange ideas. If you need support for the implementation of a project, you usually don't have to search long: SEO consultants, copywriters, web designers and other creative people can all be found under one roof.
Not only Self-employed, but also more and more Employees working from home work, use the flexible workplaces in coworking spaces. Anyone who does not have the necessary equipment at home, needs the spatial separation of work and private life or is simply looking for an exchange with others is in good hands here.
More than 80 percent of coworking space users have an academic qualification. The proportion of female coworkers was 40 percent (2017). Coworkers from the IT industry are most frequently represented, followed by coworkers from PR, Marketing & Sales.
The tendency to share jobs continues. According to a forecast by Statista, the number of Coworking spaces increase to 26,300 worldwide by 2020. In the meantime, coworking spaces have also established themselves as a popular form of work for larger companies. The digitization of the world of work means that companies have often set up flexible instead of fixed workplaces for employees who are often on the move. In this way, office space can be rented and costs can be saved. More and more companies are also starting to book flexible workplaces in coworking spaces for their employees.
What do coworking spaces offer?
Numerous offers throughout Germany offer the right coworking space for every claim and different needs. The majority of coworking spaces offer a daily, weekly or monthly flat rate for the use of the workstations. The spaces can be rented both permanently and flexibly over the agreed periods. In addition to a desk and the corresponding technical infrastructure such as a telephone and Internet connection and a printer, the costs also include the use of a postal address, the kitchen, toilet and a conference or common room. Depending on the offer, drinks such as water or coffee can also be booked for the users, as well as drinks and snacks for the meeting rooms.
Many coworking spaces also actively promote the community. Numerous events, lectures or workshops complete their offer.
What are the different models?
There are different concepts for offering space for individual collaboration under one roof. In addition to coworking spaces, there are business centers and the hybrid model, the hybrid model, which combines the properties of both models.
At Business centers the focus is on the pure rental High-quality individual and team offices, supplemented by professional office services such as secretarial services, telephone and typing services or translators. Business centers or office centers are mainly located in large cities in a central location, near the exhibition grounds and at the airport. They are equipped and operated by specialized office service companies and rented out to several companies. With this model, companies save the costs of their own infrastructure.
Coworking spaces come in different forms.
1. The Basic variant limited to the offer to use the existing workplaces together with other users. This includes the technical infrastructure, the use of a coffee kitchen and, if necessary, a meeting room is also available. The users share the work space independently of one another. Coexistence in a strongly networked community is less of a priority here.
2. In the extended variant In addition to technology and furniture, users expect additional rooms, for example for meetings or a retreat for users who prefer more peace and quiet for certain tasks. Lounge areas and other places where users can come together to exchange ideas or just relax make this variant of coworking space almost one family place. Often the offer is accompanied by different Service offers: Starting with coffee, water, pastries for meetings, up to the service staff who relieve the coworkers of small office tasks. Here, like-minded users often come together who work individually, but whose work is thematically or organizationally similar in many respects. In this variant, coworking spaces often also offer events for users to which specialists are invited. The cooperation in order to benefit from the know-how and the exchange of ideas is actively promoted and supported here.
3. The Luxury variant connects high-quality, networked workplaces with a very extensive community. They count successful founders among their members who regularly pass on their experiences to the community. Numerous events and workshops complete the program. However, if you want to benefit from this very own ecosystem, you have to apply for the coveted places.
What are the advantages of coworking spaces?
The atmosphere in coworking spaces increases productivity the user. There are less distraction compared to working from home and that concentrated work the community is encouraged.
Further advantages are:
- Relaxed working atmosphere.
- Clear spatial separation of work and private life.
- Social interaction instead of loneliness in the home office.
- Working and communicating in a network of a wide variety of industries and departments brings new impulses for your own project and can lead to the placement of new orders and joint projects.
- Coworking spaces are often referred to as incubators for startups.
- Freelancers and start-ups benefit from synergy effects.
- Significantly lower rent compared to a permanent office. Users benefit from the flexible, needs-based use. Payment is only made for the time that the workplace is actually used.
- Usually flexible notice periods.
- Users benefit from high-quality, modern workstations without having to pay for the purchase.
- Large companies do not have to reserve space unnecessarily in order to have space for an additional number of freelancers and external employees for extensive projects.
What are the disadvantages?
- Jobs in coworking spaces are in great demand. There are mostly fixed and some flexible desks. It can therefore happen that no workstation is available for short-term inquiries.
- Data protection: VPNs, encryption and other technologies only guarantee data security if coworkers act responsibly. In order for the technical aspects of data protection to take effect, the user must lock his computer and securely lock documents when he leaves his workplace.
- Appointments with customers in coworking spaces steles are a bit of a challenge. Even if appropriate meeting rooms are available, these must also be available on the desired date. Since many coworkers often share a few meeting rooms, it is often difficult to get hold of a room.
- There are often no offers in smaller towns or rural communities.
What should users pay attention to when choosing?
Working together under one roof has its advantages and disadvantages. Coworking spaces are now available in a wide variety of forms, so that users can compare and decide on the right offer. The following points should be considered when making a decision:
1. The open design of the coworking spaces usually offers little privacy. For example, if you make a lot of phone calls or need a place of retreat for certain tasks, you should ensure that the coworking space also offers individual offices.
2. Flexibility not only plays an important role when booking a workplace as required, but also when it comes to opening times. If you start early, work through the nights or want to take advantage of the quieter evening hours, you need an offer that you can use around the clock. Ideally with your own key or an access code.
3. In order to optimally exploit the advantages of the community, it is of great importance with whom you share the office. If similar business models come together, the benefit for the coworker is often greater.
4. Depending on how much the network is to be used, the supporting program plays a major role. Are enough workshops or lectures with relevant content offered?
5. A fixed desk can be an advantage. If you do not want to do without it, you should make sure when choosing that you cannot only book flexible workplaces. A flex desk is often cheaper. You don't have a fixed workplace with a lockable cupboard, but take whatever space is free. You pay more for a fix desk, but you have the advantage of including your documents and personalizing your workspace for the duration of use.
6. What notice periods are associated with the packages that can be booked? Usually they are between one and three months.
7. Sometimes coworking spaces offer a number of extras that can be booked in addition. In addition to the workplace, technology and lounge areas, services for office work or catering for meeting rooms can also be used for an additional charge.
8. Most coworking spaces offer trial days. Here coworkers can get a good impression of whether they feel that they are in good hands - both with the equipment and with the community.
Finding the right space is not easy. The comparison portal CoworkingGuide, which compares offers across Germany, offers good assistance.
How do you get a place in the coworking space?
Depending on the provider, there are different ways to book a workplace in coworking spaces. As a rule, the spaces can be rented both online and directly on site. Due to the high demand, some coworking spaces have switched to allocating places as part of an application process. The applicant must describe their project or business model and the industry in which they work. After positive feedback, the workplace can usually be used at short notice. Other providers use the application process to specifically select coworkers who offer the community great added value with their know-how.
Where are coworking spaces?
According to a forecast by Statista, there will be 26,300 coworking spaces worldwide in 2020. The founder and Start-up metropolis Berlin is seen as the driving force behind the expansion of coworking spaces across Europe. They are now available in all major German cities such as Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Munich.
In the coming years this trend will shift from the metropolises to smaller cities and in rural areas.
The offer in university cities is growing. Students are also increasingly using the advantages of coworking spaces.
Coworking offers have also sprung up in smaller towns, especially in university towns. B. in
What do coworking spaces cost?
Rents differ across Germany. The prices for the use of workplaces in coworking spaces also vary accordingly. In large cities the prices are relatively high compared to smaller cities. Hamburg and Berlin have the largest range of coworking spaces. Accordingly, there is a wide price range here.
Depending on whether a flex desk or a fix desk is booked, different costs arise. The average price for a Flex Desk in the German cities of Leipzig, Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt and Munich is around 210 euros. The average price for a fix desk is around 320 euros.
- Can we use apparently and apparently interchangeably
- What is a static method
- Can a Spinosaurus swim in the water
- What is the exact meaning of trying
- How can you explain the silence
- Which companies are recruiting students from NICMAR
- Find Paul Pogba concerned
- Is murder objectively wrong
- What is the need for embedded systems
- When was the Swahili language created
- How is the fee structure of KIET
- Autism is particularly common among computer scientists
- What is the return on mutual funds
- What does jazz mean
- How does a computer graphics card work
- Is Facebook share a bargain at 180B
- How do I judge a turncoat competition
- Are alliances legally binding
- What is ultrafiltration
- Are electoral votes anonymous
- What is the number to reset the Facebook password
- Can I change my boring life
- Which habits are most harmful to happiness?
- What is a cryptobot