What is a faster farther reaching router
With most Internet connections, you have the choice between two different connection variants:
A router typically provided by the provider does the actual dial-up. The Intra2net system is then connected to this via the configuration "Router with fixed IP".
The line is connected to a pure modem and this is connected to the Intra2net system. The Intra2net system handles the dial-in.
Variant 1. with the router has the advantage of being set up more quickly, as the router is usually delivered fully configured by the provider. If this router integrates other functions, such as VoIP implementation, it may also be that fewer individual devices are required to achieve the desired functions.
However, variant 1. with the router also has the following disadvantages:
The one external IP is occupied by the router itself. All other devices, such as the Intra2net system, can only communicate via NAT and port forwarding.
If the Intra2net system is to be accessed from outside, e.g. for active sync, VPN or e-mail delivery via SMTP, port forwarding must be configured on the router.
Some routers have difficulties forwarding VPN connections correctly and without interference. Often this can be fixed with a firmware update of the router, but not in all cases. In some cases we have observed that long-lived connections, such as are common with site-to-site VPNs, do not work reliably and are disrupted after a few days or weeks.
Very few routers support access to port forwarding from the local network. This is necessary so that mobile devices such as notebooks from the LAN and from the Internet can both use the external DNS name or the external IP for access.
Variant 2. with the separate modem has the disadvantage that an additional modem is required and the dial-in has to be set up once. Any VoIP implementation that may be required must also be implemented using a separate device behind the Intra2net system.
But you have the advantage that no port forwarding or NAT is required for the services of the Intra2net system, especially the VPN. Internal access to the services on the external IP is also possible without any problems.
- When did you feel most beautiful?
- How is Udupi tourism
- How can I learn Tamil in Calcutta
- Who gave Meghnad Nagpash
- Which English words come from foreign languages?
- Why is copywriting a separate field
- What's your RMO story
- Why do dogs get hair loss problems
- Will Northern Ireland have a border survey
- What are the best Morphe palettes
- How do I develop cycling skills
- What did the Sumerians develop
- Why do we cool our eggs
- Ronaldo lifts weights
- Richard Feynman's memorization is useful
- Can caracals swim?
- How do vinyl and laminate floors differ?
- Calculators and computers will completely replace abacuses
- How do you define the representation of plots
- What is the name of the 13th
- Is crying bad for you
- Which strings are used on Squier guitars
- What are the professions in Nagaland
- How can I restore my Wordpress account