What is acorns
Eating acorns: the secret of the preparation
Eat acorns? They're poisonous, aren't they?
In autumn, the deciduous trees not only throw colorful leaves at our feet - we also encounter acorns on a Sunday walk in the forest. The nuts are perfect for handicrafts or decorating - and they look good on the plate under certain conditions!
Those who wanted to nibble curiously on acorns as a child often had to listen to their parents: "For heaven's sake, hands off. Acorns are poisonous!" That is not entirely wrong - after all, the raw nuts contain a high proportion of tannins, which can lead to severe gastrointestinal complaints in humans.
If you ask the grandparents, however, they will answer in astonishment: "Of course acorns are edible!" Acorn bread and decaffeinated coffee substitutes made from acorns were common foods, especially in the post-war period. The question arises: How can that be?
Acorns are edible!
In fact, acorns can be eaten even though they are incompatible when raw. The secret lies in the preparation, the methods of which have been increasingly forgotten over time.
In order to make acorns edible, the toxic tannins have to be washed out. To do this, the collected acorns are left to dry for two days, the shell of the nut fruits is cracked and the core and the brown seed skin are removed.
After that, the acorns need to be watered for several days. To do this, the acorns are crushed, for example with a mortar, and then placed in a bowl of water for two to three days. The water should be changed every twelve hours. The tannins are now dissolved in the water, which can be recognized by the brownish discoloration of the liquid.
If the water remains clear at the end of the day, the tannins are completely washed out. Now the acorns can be taken out of the water, dried and processed further.#Subjects
- Should i drink color
- What should all Indians know about Hyderabad
- What affects reactivity
- Kotlin is useless
- ObamaCare works for you
- What is another name for amino acids
- Includes omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience
- What is a static method
- What is an ethernet management port
- How often do hotels wash their robes
- This is how waste disposal works
- What are great textbooks on electromagnetism
- The violin string is broken
- What if I solve the Riemann hypothesis
- Are flying foxes dangerous animals
- Hillary Clinton is a saint
- Why do cars use 5 wheel nuts
- What causes does not trigger migraines
- Why is power additive in the AC circuit
- What are some songs about heroin addiction
- Can Homeopathy Cure Parkinson's Disease
- How to learn Python programming
- Are there any non-profit angel investors
- Is it bad to justify my actions?