What do you know about acoustics
What is acoustics?
The perception of good acoustics depends on your goal.
When all sounds are absorbed equally, both low and high frequencies, a room will sound balanced and comfortable.
When people talk in a room, we want sounds to fade away as quickly as possible so that we can understand what is being said. In small rooms, such as offices, the response time should be less than 0.6 seconds.
In classical music, it is desirable that sound reverberate for a long time so that the tones mix well. A concert hall has an average response time of 2 seconds.
A teacher wants the class to be quiet and wants to be well understood. A maximum response time of 0.8 seconds applies to classrooms.
There are standards for good acoustics. These are set out in the NEN / ISO 3382 specifications. You can find more information about acoustics in classrooms and a video here.
How are the acoustics of a room determined?
With the help of a noise source and measuring devices, the most important acoustic parameters as well as the resonance time and reflections can be determined in a room. This is done with the help of a loudspeaker (sounding all around) and a signal pistol, which serves as a source of noise.
With a (all-round sensitive) measuring microphone, the “response” of the room is recorded in the form of direct sound, reflections, echoes and reverberations and saved on a computer, tablet or smartphone. On this basis, all values are calculated that are necessary to define the acoustic starting position.
- What holds the electrons together
- What is gram coloring 3
- Is leaving your dog illegal in Texas
- Invites meditation demons
- What is an invisible fence for dogs
- What does 9 9 9
- Is the 5G network more secure
- How was Webstock in 2011
- How many girlfriends does MS Dhoni have
- How many weeds could 7 plants grow
- You were both bullied and a bully
- What is the most powerful processor in the world
- Smoking UFC fighter grass
- Who makes you feel better and why
- What is the full form of USMT
- Are there any good hostels in the Netherlands?
- Why isn't GO a popular programming language
- SpaceX employs traditional scientists
- How rain causes earthquakes
- Customer service agent solutions for large companies
- Is water essential like
- Why is Philadelphia important
- Atheism has been replaced by science
- Did Jesus the Son of God commit suicide