Who created the website rio2016 com
Watch Youtube video
2016 has a lot to offer for sports fans: a few weeks after the European Football Championship, the Summer Olympics start. This year these will take place in Rio de Janeiro. The EVZ Austria has collected important information and helpful tips for consumers traveling to Brazil.
The opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics will take place on August 5, 2016. Top athletes from all over the world compete in 28 disciplines until August 21st. You should definitely only purchase tickets to the Olympic Games from official sales outlets. You can find a list here.
Prior to travel
As an Austrian consumer, you do not need a visa for Brazil if the stay does not last longer than 90 days. Requirements for entry are:
- a passport that is valid for at least six months upon arrival in Rio.
- a ticket for the return flight.
You should also find out which vaccinations are recommended for this region.
The EVZ Austria recommends all Rio travelers to use the travel registration of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You will also find constantly updated travel information on Brazil on the BMEIA website. The Austrian embassy on site has also put together tips and important contact points specifically for the Olympic Games.
Pay in Rio
Withdrawals or payments with your ATM card are only possible if you have unlocked them beforehand. You can usually find the function under the keyword "GeoControl" in your online banking account. Alternatively, you can contact your bank directly.
Visa is the official sponsor of this year's Olympic Games. At the various venues, according to the organizer's website, cashless payments or withdrawals are only possible with various Visa cards. You can also purchase a prepaid card there. You can find more information here.
The Zika virus is mainly transmitted by mosquitoes, but unprotected sexual intercourse can also lead to infection. It is recommended all day Insect repellants to use. The Ministry of Health (BMGF) recommends letting the sunscreen take effect first and then applying the insect spray. Mosquitoes are particularly active in the morning and evening. Another precautionary measure are therefore one Mosquito net over the bed and long clothes. The BMGF has created an information folder on the Zika virus especially for travelers to Rio.
Pregnant women or women planning a pregnancy should avoid traveling to Brazil. The virus can have lasting consequences for unborn babies. Visit the Ministry of Health's website for more information.
On site in Rio
Although the hotel density in Rio de Janeiro has doubled in the last six years according to the organizer, experience shows that accommodations at such major events are quickly booked out. Alternatively, you can also look around for rooms or apartments via Airbnb or because of camping sites. Due to the security situation, the EVZ Austria advises against flying to Rio without booked accommodation. You can find a list of all registered hotels on the Ministry of Tourism's website.
There is a list of all venues on the website of the organizer mentioned earlier. In addition to 32 locations directly in Rio de Janeiro, some football competitions are also held in five other cities.
Good to know
- Anyone who simply throws their rubbish on the street must expect a fine in Rio. This is particularly strictly controlled during the Olympic Games.
- Tipping is not mandatory in hotels and taxis, but the staff is of course happy when good service is rewarded.
- In restaurants, a 10 percent tip is often included in the bill, but here, too, you are not obliged to pay.
- Shops are open on Sundays, albeit shorter.
- It is forbidden to smoke in closed places.
- According to the government, tap water in Rio is safe to drink. Most Brazilians still prefer filtered or purchased water.
The European Consumer Centers Network (ECC-Net) has published a brochure with the most important information about the 2016 Olympic Games. As already mentioned, the Austrian representation in Brazil also provides helpful tips on its website. If you still have questions, you can visit the specially created "Olympic Tourist" homepage.
- Is it illegal to go on YouTube?
- How artillery fuses work
- What is the high point Bitcoin can reach
- Is intelligence an ability?
- Live like a local in France
- Transgender men get ovarian cancer
- Support Libertarian Bitcoin
- Why did Mahmohan Singh Narendra Modi strike
- Venture capital is always the best option
- How many people apply for SIIB Pune
- What is epic adventure music
- Fixed NBA games
- How much did you grow after 16
- Are there any food taboos in Greece?
- How do I meet investors on Quora
- Why do bantams stop laying eggs
- Is Germany good or bad for allergies
- What are some cancer signs personality traits
- What are your favorite scenes from Baby Yoda
- Who gave the theory of asymptotic notations
- People still prefer iOS over Android
- When will the next super moon appear?
- What is also called water
- What makes someone busy