How does the dating change after 90
Title: Urban development changes in the area of the Pomerium and the Porta Vesuvio under the influence of the construction of the long-distance water supply in Pompeii
Author (s): OHLIG, C.
Volume: 79 Date: 2004
DOI: 10.2143 / BAB.79.0.504737
As part of a restructuring of his navy, Augustus had a port built in Misenum at the tip of the Gulf of Naples, which was supplied by a newly built aqueduct. It opened up the headwaters of Serino in the Apennines, more than 90 km away from Misenum, and because the water pipe to Pompeii was understood as a derivation from this Serino pipe, its construction was also dated Augustan.
In fact, however, the Pompeii water supply system was already built in the Sullan era, and beyond that, the full extent of the associated construction work has so far remained in the dark: In addition to the actual supply facilities, large areas of land were filled in the area of the outer Pomerium, the Porta Vesuvio became strong changed and the inner Pomerialstraße to the west was given up as a driveway, rebuilt and built over. In the following article, these three construction measures are presented both individually and in their internal connection with the construction of the water supply system and the evidence for dating to the Sullan period is discussed.
- Does the photon browser work on the iPhone 6
- What are C3, C4 and CAM systems
- Should Pakistan sever diplomatic relations with Canada
- What is PoGO glue 1
- How do you say hello in Mandarin
- Coding has a bright future
- How old is Anuradhapura
- India needs bold economic reforms
- Education is a type of engineering
- How do you celebrate funerals
- What is an AP sail
- You can edit a deleted answer
- How many refugees has South Korea taken in
- Are 25 and 80 coprime
- Where does the Oban Scotch come from
- Make pianos a bad investment
- Why are smartphone sales declining worldwide
- Why do photocopiers stick so often
- Why are kebabs so popular in Poland
- How many films has India made
- Why are Macs better for sound production
- What is an MVC architecture
- What are all harmonic relationships in geometry
- Why can't engineers get jobs?