Who was the hippie Beatle
Hippie movement: Everything you need to know about the youth rebellion of the hippies
Summer of Love or Woodstock - two keywords that are closely related to the hippie movement. The counter-movement was expressed primarily through music, fashion, sex, drugs, pacifism and rebellion.
The emergence of the hippie movement
The hippie movement arose in San Francisco, more precisely in the Haight Ashbury district, in the early 1960s. It quickly found an influx of millions of young adults across the United States and later imitators from all over the world.
- At first it was not a political motivation, but rather an exit from the unpleasant social conventions.
- The reason for the rebellion was the will to escape the capitalist pressure to perform, consumption and classic roles within the family and at the same time to achieve a new form of coexistence.
- They wanted to break with classic hierarchies; equality, peace and freedom were the order of the day. The aim was to create a "better" alternative to the authoritarian society.
- The young people were primarily directed against capitalism.
- Many of the dropouts were unaware of any real social problems such as poverty, as they often came from wealthy, white families. They had the goal of leaving their social class behind and limiting themselves to only basic things like peace, love, friendship and happiness.
- The extreme mass movement ended again relatively quickly, but there are still hippies around the world today.
Clothing and music of the hippie movement
In order to stand out from the, in their eyes, bourgeois society and to emphasize its urge for a social alternative, the hippie movement dressed differently and listened to its own music.
- Fine clothing was often dirty, torn, and worn. It should be a sign against the rigid social structures.
- In contrast, simple clothes made from cheap fabrics were mostly neatly tended to.
- Both the peace sign and flowers were features of the hippies who adorned their clothes. Flowers stood for purity, peace and humane life. The peace sign was created, among other things, as a protest against the Vietnam War and has established itself as a symbol of peace.
- Despite the winter cold, they often walked around barefoot and in summer they wore woolen coats.
- The musical preference of the hippies was for texts in which the free spirit could unfold and which knew no straight lines. Obese bands were: The Beatles, The Who, Pink Floyd and Frank Zappa.
Lifestyle of the hippie youth rebellion
According to the motto "feel better than think", they tried to oppose society. They expressed this primarily through their behavior.
- They shaped their lives non-violently, always happy, colorful and open-minded. In addition, freedom of movement, dance, sex and partying were celebrated.
- They expressed themselves through colorful clothes, constant good mood and optimism.
- In order to enjoy little things like ladybugs or sunbeams again, those involved in the hippie movement liked to smoke a lot of marijuana or took LSD.
- The focus was on community, optimism, peace, nature and love. All of this was celebrated openly and extensively.
The music industry has changed a lot since the 1960s: The sales figures
They are not only beautiful to look at, but are also said to have a calming, sleep-inducing effect. In our next practical tip, we will explain how you can make dream catchers yourself.
- What are some famous charcoal drawings
- What power does a congressional resolution have
- Good headphones for noise suppression
- Who speaks the Creole language
- Where can I rent furniture in Bangalore
- What are homographs What are some examples
- Are there any special customs in Kenya?
- What do you think of selfies
- What is the last phase of life
- Who is Big River
- How can we manage our time sensibly?
- Are all football stadiums the same
- Brainwashing people in the US Marines
- Why is it a passion to be a chef?
- Is LGBT a community or a demographic group?
- Where are dinosaurs hiding nowadays
- How did Chandragupta Maurya become an emperor
- Are Presbyterians and Calvinists the same
- Why are capacitor and voltage balanced
- Makes you smarter learning new languages
- What is the placement policy at LPU
- What is a compression wave
- Where can you buy this type of pump?
- What's the hardest part about using fishing list