What are possible essays for ICSE 2018
Chair of Computer Science Didactics
Vulnerable IT systems: Modern attack techniques to exploit software security gaps
Cybersecurity, cyber espionage, voting machine hacks and exploits are terms that we are confronted with more and more frequently in the news. The dawn of the digital age, the growth of the Internet and the networking of small microcomputers to form the Internet of Things bring new and great challenges to cybersecurity. In particular, the number of attacks on computers and smartphones is increasing rapidly and increasingly affecting critical infrastructures such as power grids, industrial plants and safety-critical technologies such as autonomous driving. In this talk, we want to take a look at the attack techniques that hackers use to gain control over software. We will consider modern attack techniques that allow an attacker to manipulate a computer system without injecting malicious program code. We also discuss hardware-based attacks that cleverly undermine security mechanisms in software.
Lucas Davi has been Junior Professorship for Computer Science at the University of Duisburg-Essen since December 2016 and Principal Investigator in the Collaborative Research Center (CRC) CROSSING since 2015. He studied IT security at the Ruhr University in Bochum and received his doctorate in computer science with a focus on system security at the TU Darmstadt at the beginning of 2015. In 2013 he was doing research at Intel Labs in the USA. His research focuses on practical problems of software and system security, especially in the area of software-based attack methods that exploit memory and programming errors (so-called zero-day gaps) to compromise IT systems. His research has been recognized with Best Paper Awards at the renowned DAC, ACM AsiaCCS, and IEEE Security & Privacy conferences as well as the German IT security award. In October 2016 he also received the ACM SIGSAC Doctoral Dissertation Award for his dissertation.
- What is it like to have diplopia
- Is Norway really that free?
- What is meant by colonial?
- What is needs analysis
- How can you explain what is forever
- Do you like poems about God
- Has anyone compared Chatter Jive and Telligent?
- What is a shifted Legendre polynomial
- Is Haskell suitable for commercial software development
- When does Amazon's One Click IP expire
- Is Quora in Spanish
- How do I get a dealership
- Why haven't you written a book yet?
- Is Magento just a better Amazon
- Is a line chef a sous chef
- What do you want more parents
- How important is the root for a plant
- How much does an email bot cost
- What are some cute Japanese nicknames
- Most business professionals are good at networking
- How do you prove the BODMAS rule
- What's your wildest travel story
- What is the Boeing company selling
- What are off and on SEO