When did America get great again?
After Liz Cheney was kicked out : US Republicans elect Trump candidate in leadership position
In the dispute over the direction of the US Republicans, the MP Elise Stefanik, supported by ex-President Donald Trump, won the race for a position in the parliamentary group leadership. The 36-year-old was elected by a large majority in a closed session in Washington on Friday, US media reported. Stefanik succeeds the prominent Trump critic Liz Cheney, who was voted out by the parliamentary group in the House of Representatives on Wednesday.
After the election, Stefanik promised to "fight for the people in America". She also expressly thanked Trump and described him as a "crucial part of our Republican team". The ex-president, who now lives in Florida, is the leader of the party in the eyes of voters. America suffers from an "extreme left politics" of the government of the democratic successor Joe Biden.
[Every Thursday the most important developments from America straight to your mailbox - with the "Washington Weekly" newsletter from our USA correspondent Juliane Schäuble. You can register for free here.]
As Chair of the Republican Conference in the House of Representatives, Stefanik is now the third highest MP in her group.
Trump congratulated Stefanik on her "great and overwhelming victory". "The Republicans in the House of Representatives are united and the Make America Great Again movement is strong!" He said. “Make America great again” was Trump's campaign motto in 2016 - and is still his slogan today.
Cheney, 54, had branded the ex-president's allegations about alleged election fraud last year as a "lie". She accuses Trump of running a "crusade" to undermine democracy. Cheney has announced that it will continue to fight its dominance in the party. She calls for a return to traditional conservative Republican values. (dpa, AFP)
- Which manufacturer makes the best wheel bearings
- Who was Ahiravan in Ramayana
- How were you introduced to dynamic systems
- What is the TAT processing time in data processing
- What does quintessence mean?
- What do conservatives think of REDMAP
- Yang Moh is a bow
- Most Britons are Republicans or Liberals
- When will Ouya 2 be released?
- Is C as safe as Java 1
- Why don't people like lawyers and doctors
- Is it possible to carry swords with two weapons?
- What are some cancer signs personality traits
- Why is global warming coming
- What is the future for digital marketing
- Women like tough men
- Who is your preferred binary options dealer
- Can Vietnamese accept truth and reality
- What is the molecular formula of titin
- Can you tell me about SAP?
- Why do people play mind games
- How are old cities buried
- How to loosen thick eyebrows
- Will Federer win Wimbledon in 2019