What are some tips for making cups
Make kintsugi yourself
Kintsugi is a traditional Japanese repair technique and translates as "repairing with gold". Broken ceramic cups, mugs, plates and bowls are glued back together with a mixture of a special adhesive and flakes of gold leaf.
The break points are highlighted by the gold. The gilded break lines form the new face of the object and are called keshiki denotes what translated means "landscape".
The golden shimmer enhances the repaired piece, the break turns from a flaw to an individual feature.
This ancient cultural technique goes back to the end of the Jōmon period about 300 BC back and will since the 14th century perfected in Japan.
The philosophy behind the Kintsugi technique is the idea of Wabi-Sabi. While Wabi stands for the beauty of simplicity, Sabi emphasizes the aspect of beauty that has grown with age or experience.
Make kintsugi yourself
Traditional is used for real kintsugi hon-urushi ("Real paint") is used. This is the resin from the lacquer tree, which is traditionally used in a variety of areas in Japan.
However, it is hon-urushi difficult to work with for inexperienced do-it-yourselfers. The synthetic varnish is simpler shin-urushi, the component of many commercially available Kintsugi sets is.
You can buy a Kintsugi repair kit online or from well-stocked specialist shops. However, if you cannot wait or if the procurement of a Kintsugi set is too expensive or time-consuming, we will tell you here how you can get one greatly simplified version of Kintsugi can do it yourself.
Kintsugi in nine steps
To make kintsugi yourself, first gather all the materials you need. You need
- A broken piece of ceramic or porcelain tableware in which all shards are completely present
- Food safe Porcelain or ceramic glue
- Metal flakes in gold, silver or brass
If you want it to be particularly classy, you can also do it for your Kintsugi DIY real gold leaf flakes use.
Do Kintsugi yourself step by step
To fix your broken dishes with Kintsugi, follow the steps below:
- First, clean the shards and dry them thoroughly. The breaklines must clean, dust-free and dry to be able to glue them properly.
- Think of one reasonable orderin which you want to join the pieces together and lay out the pieces and pieces one after the other.
- Give Glue on the break lines and distribute the Metal flakes evenly along the entire length of the edge.
- Depending on the Processing instructions With the glue you have chosen, attach the shard to the piece of crockery with the pasted edge in the right place or let the glue breathe for a few minutes and then stick the shard back on. With a two-part adhesive, you may need a second layer of glue Instruct.
- Repeat this process until you have all shards back into a complete vessel have put them together.
- When you've reattached all of the broken pieces, leave the repaired item dry welluntil the glue has completely hardened.
- Remove Glue residue and excess metal flakes with a suitable solvent, for example with high proof alcohol or nail polish remover.
- Rub with that rough side of a dish sponge gently over the repaired areas until they are smooth and even.
- When finished, rinse the repaired piece with warm water from.
These simplified version of the kintsugi is tailored to the availability of the required materials and the skills of the do-it-yourselfers. The real Japanese Kintsugi technique is used by craftsmen and artists since centuries perfected and elevated to artistry.
In addition, they are with real Kintsugi technique repaired pieces by the hon-urushi lacquer are much more robust than in our simplified version. For practice and for the optics, however, our simple version of Kintsugi is enough to make yourself.
If you want to get started and perfect your Kintsugi technique, you can get a professional online or in a well-stocked specialist shop Buy kintsugi sets. A Kintsugi course with an experienced potter or artist will also teach you the art of traditional Japanese Kintsugi.
For further reading: Here you will find more ideas on the subject of upcycling.
- Varicocele surgery has adverse effects
- We are using fifth generation computers today
- Why is McDonald's logo red and yellow
- What is deadly for people
- How common is prescription pain medication addiction
- Which is better HeySphere Zwerl or Upwork
- When was the Swahili language created
- What historical famous people immigrated to London
- Why is cashmere so valuable
- How do I set up a data lake
- What are the different parts of the orchestra
- Smart is something
- Did you read 1
- Does Quora really help
- What is your favorite perl code
- Why do Indian parents love engineering
- What is your favorite game of Assassin's Creed
- Muslims are the greatest enemies of Muslims
- How do I top up my Presto card
- What are Poseidon's characteristics
- How do I write lifelike relatable characters
- How do I live without arrogance
- How do axolotls turn into salamanders
- Can I infuse foods with CBD oil?