Can an audiologist be called a doctor
ENT doctor - the tasks of the specialist in the ear, nose and ears
How does the ENT doctor examine the nose and the like?
The throat, nose and ears are difficult to examine from the outside. For example, the nose is not just made up of the part we wear in the middle of the face. Our olfactory organ has four sinuses that are connected to the nose. These cavities are hidden in the skull and make it difficult for the doctor to examine the nose. The situation is similar for the throat and ears. But the ENT doctor has aids such asEar specula, tongue depressor and larynx mirrorto make it easier to find the cause of the discomfort.
Count as wellSampling examinations (palpation) of the ears, larynx, oral cavity and throat and nose to the routine examinations.How does a palpation of the nose work? The doctor feels the nasal bridge (between the nostrils) and lifts the tip of the nose, he checks whether hardening or pain can be felt. He also pats the areas on the face under which the sinuses lie.
Further possible examinations in ear, nose and throat medicine:
- Rhinoscopy: A reflection of the nose to make the interior of the nose visible.
- Nasal function test: The nose is tested for air permeability and the function of the nasal mucosa.
- Testing of the sensory functions: for example a Smell test with the help of scented olfactory pens if you suspect a olfactory disorder or a Audiometry (Listening test)
- Ear microscopy: An examination of the ear (s) with a special microscope to look at the external ear canal and eardrum.
- Laryngoscopy: A reflection of the larynx at the top of the esophagus through a tube with a camera that is inserted through the throat, for example in the case of hoarseness or a dry cough.
The ENT doctor also uses itimaging procedures such as ultrasound and X-rays and in special cases computer tomography (an X-ray examination that shows different layers of tissue) or magnetic resonance tomography (examination using magnetic fields that provides images of the tissue inside the body, for example the brain).
- What are some interesting facts about Pashupatastra
- How powerful is the word no
- Why did Richard Dawkins get divorced
- Can a girl get pregnant with PCOS?
- Where can I buy Komatsu parts
- What is your favorite barbecue site
- What is the Online OCR API
- How does catwalk fashion influence everyday clothing
- Why do models have small breasts?
- How do smart people spend money
- How do I buy rum online
- Why can we fly in our dreams
- Which 1970s film deserves a sequel
- What made Lord Vishnu outstanding?
- What makes accountants different
- Which is better Microsoft or Amazon
- Are APK files keylogger
- Can Bill Clinton run against Hillary Clinton
- What is the future of crypto honors
- Should I go to a club by myself?
- When will India be 100 years old?
- How do you download DuckDuckGo
- Chocolate helps with memory
- Why is physics a compulsory class
- Most are Yemeni Jews
- What is a puzzle machine that became a bomb machine
- What is a vector in linear algebra
- What is the name of an art collector
- What is the SCM process
- Does a mathematician ever feel melancholy?
- How does Microsoft maintain the monopoly?
- How does a player behave under pressure
- What is the difference between point and edge