What are some adaptations of aquatic plants
To the Aquatic plants or Hydrophytes (Greek hydor = water; phytos = plant) include those plants whose habitat is under water, on the water, on the bank or in swamps. Hydrophytes are specially adapted to their habitat:
root: are only found in a reduced form in most aquatic plants, because a pronounced root system to absorb water is not necessary in the water itself. Depending on the species, aquatic plants do not get nutrients from their roots, but from the leaves. In contrast to land-living plants, underwater plants in particular can absorb nutrients from the surrounding water through their leaves. Therefore, roots essentially only have a fixation function for an aquatic plant.
Stem axis: consists of the so-called aerenchymal tissue, which is used for gas exchange within the plant. As a result, the carbon dioxide required by the aquatic plant (for photosynthesis) can also reach submerged parts of the plant.
leaves: also consist of the aerenchymal tissue. Air can be stored in this tissue, which leads to the leaves being lifted. Free-swimming aquatic plants usually form large floating leaves (e.g. water lilies). Their stomata are on the upper side of the leaf, which facilitates gas exchange. If the stomata were on the underside, the aquatic plant could not get any carbon dioxide from the air. Underwater leaves, on the other hand, are small (e.g. waterweed) and free of a cuticle, which normally protects plants from water loss (but superfluous in underwater habitats).
- Are Lenevo phones worth buying?
- How survivable are broken wings for birds
- How do I interpret min x1 x2
- Are the people in Salinas CA friendly
- What is Neolithic Culture
- What's your favorite philosophical fiction book
- What types of messages are popular
- What promotes innovation
- Who is responsible for a film color palette
- Religious fanaticism can be washed away forever
- Should my father pack a hospital bag
- What is cobalt 60 1
- Does the NDA cadet have a television
- How is the course structure of biochemistry
- What is the best phone under 20k
- Resident Evil 7 has multiplayer
- How do I say my working hours
- Homeopathy is a scientific treatment method
- How is the night life in Racine WI
- How are sociopaths
- Why do spiders have exoskeletons
- What are the best aquarium filter systems
- Why should you use theories in your business?
- What did Fight Club teach you