What is french onion soup
Recipe: French onion soup
Step 1: Melt the butter in a medium, ovenproof pan. Add the onions and garlic and sauté over a low heat for 30-35 minutes until the onions are soft and nicely browned. Stir occasionally. This step of the recipe is very important. The soup gets its fine taste and color from the gentle searing of the onions.
Step 2: Add the white wine and stir the onions well to loosen them from the bottom of the pan. Bring the liquid to a boil and then add either sherry, port or Madeira and beef broth.
Step 3: Bring the mixture back to the boil and simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
Step 4: In the meantime, prepare the toasted baguette: Toast the baguette pieces on both sides and rub a clove of garlic on one side. Garnish with the grated cheese and put the bread in the oven until the cheese has melted.
Step 5: Try to see if the soup is flavorful. Season to taste with salt and pepper. To flavor the soup further, you can add a few more tablespoons of sherry, port or Madeira.
Step 6: Place the gratinated, roasted baguette slices on the soup and sprinkle with the freshly chopped parsley.
Step 7: Serve the soup immediately to prevent the baguette from becoming too soft.
- What are the ingredients for French macarons
- Is Madrid an expensive city for students
- What is gay culture
- What is 1 5 times 2 5
- Can psychopaths develop legitimate relationships with people?
- Why didn't America just take Iraqi oil
- What does the word Pergamos mean
- Who is poor plankton or Patrick
- What is central sulcus
- What philosophers say really defines happiness
- Are there historical backups of OpenStreetMap data
- What causes does not trigger migraines
- An allergen is required to trigger anaphylaxis
- Why do flies sit on random things
- Why do Hindi and Urdu sound the same
- What is a personal pizza
- How is nihilism wrong?
- What's going on in california
- What is your rating of Thinkful Company
- Why am I locked on Quora
- When and who invented the electric mixer
- Which band sang the song Clint Eastwood
- How can I get live satellite images
- Why are spaceships sent into space